Sunday 22 August 2010

York city centre

Wednesday, 18 August

I went to York city centre with Ms Joyce and my classroom students.
We took a walk around York Minster and took many photos!!
In York there were a lot of great buildings and beautiful scenery, so the photos which I took were lovely like postcards.


 In Shambles

Here is the narrow alley and a stone pavement.
There are many kinds of shops, for example a chocolate shop, an accessory shop, pubs and so on. In the time of the Viking, these buildings were built. Almost buildings are bigger upstairs than ground floors.






Holy Trinity Church

Here is the quiet and small church.
It has different types of seats from other churches.
In this church there are the box seats of family.
I could sit down there.
And there are beautiful stained glass!!







York Minster

Here is the biggest Gothic cathedral in UK.
It made a strong impression on me!!!

But I could not enter, so next time I want to see inside!






I enjoyed York city centre!After taking a walk, I went to go shopping. I could buy two sweaters!!
I spent great time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment