Sunday 29 August 2010

Service in York Minster and Durham

Sunday, 21 August


On Sunday I left my accommodation at 9:20. Because I wanted to attend the service in York Minster. I arrived at York Minster at 9:55 and I could participate in the service with my friends.

It started at 10:00. During the service, we sang some hymns and listen to choral singing and the talk. We could spend a great time.






After the service we went to York Railway Station to take the train to Durham. We could buy the return tickets and at 11:36 we took the train.

Durham was very beautiful city! We could walk around the city by foot because it was small city. First, we went to Durham Cathedral. It is a World Heritage site and it is opened to the public for free. And in its garden Harry Potter was took a film.  But we couldn't take some photos. 





Second we went to Durham Castle, the one more World Heritage site in Durham. It was closed for a wedding, so we took some photos only the exterior of the building.

Finally we went shopping and we ate ice cream! It was nice short trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment